China Energy Portal publishes Chinese energy policy, news, and statistics and provides tools for their translation into English. Translations on this site depend entirely on contributions from its readers.
All items published on China Energy Portal are from governmental websites. A link to the original source is provided with each individual item.
China Energy Portal is free to use and nonprofit, and receives sponsoring from the Energy Area of Advance of Chalmers University and from the Dept. of Business & Management of Aalborg University Denmark.
Want to help out?
You can do so in a number of ways:
Line-by-line translation of Chinese texts:
- Even if you have just five minutes, you can help out! Even if you translate just a few lines, this is still very much appreciated! Learn how to use the translation software on this site here.
- Remember: if you would like to be acknowledged for your effort, make sure to log in so that your name is registered with the lines of text that you translate.
- Of course you can choose to focus your efforts on the subject area you think is most interesting. If you don’t have a very strong preference, see some suggested texts to help translate in the list of most wanted translations.
Other ways to contribute are:
- Summarize: Write an English summary of the main points of a text, see instructions here.
- Submit translations: If you happen to have, or came across a fully translated document, please submit it for publication on China Energy Portal here.
- Tip us: If you came across an item that you think should be posted here, tell us about it here.
- Help spread the word: tell you colleagues or network about China Energy Portal and increase our readership or translator network.
What's included on China Energy Portal
- Policy items: the primary purpose of this portal. Exhaustive overview of policy documents as published by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission. Policies from other agencies (see also below) will be added when highly relevant to energy developments.
- News items: selection of items from the National Energy Administration, the NDRC, the China Electricity Council and State Grid corporation, industry organization such as the Chinese Renewable Energy Industries Association, Chinese Renewable Energy Society, Chinese Wind Energy Association etc, and a few dedicated renewable energy news portals.
- Statistics: mainly annual and quarterly reports as published by the National Energy Administration and China Electricity Council.
Policy update status
- NEA: last update:
- NDRC: last update:
- NPC & SC: processing.
- MOST, MOA, MOF, MIIT, MEP: Coming soon.